1. Let’s get right to it, with Question of the Week (QOTW): Who is more likely to be playing for a different club this September – Wayne Rooney or Luis Suarez? Don’t be afraid, share your answer below in the comment section.
2. Speaking of Suarez, no one can question his sense of humor after this Uruguayan commercial.
3. San Marino has yet to win a competitive match in international soccer, but the small county surrounded by Italy, should be on your bucket list of places to visit.
4. After Arsenal had their second bid for Luis Suarez turned down, it begs the question: Has Arsenal spent any money during this transfer window?
5. Stat of the week: The USA-El Salvador match on FOX drew an overnight rating of 1.2, which is higher than the Champions League Final and FA Cup Final from this past spring. Now if we could only get those away World Cup Qualifying matches on a channel that every cable company actually provided.
6. Enjoyed the ESPY's last week, but how is it that the reigning FIFA Women's Player of the Year, Abby Wambach, wasn't even nominated for the Female Athlete of the Year category?
8. It hasn’t quite been the summer of ’66 for England. Three competitive tournaments, and not a win to show for any of their teams. The U21 men’s, u20 men’s, and the women’s national team all failed to advance from the groups stages. Football’s coming home!
9. In his managerial debut, Ryan Nelson, has won two games, drawn eight, and lost 10 with Toronto FC. A year playing in the Championship with QPR might have been a better career choice.
10. Eric Wynalda and Leigh Cowlishaw. Two coaches that deserve a shot on an MLS sideline in 2014.
11. The best piece of memorabilia in the San Siro Museum? The Liverpool Football Club pennant from their match against AC Milan on May 25, 2005. Maybe I’m biased.
12. Still not sold on Jimmy Nieslen as a goalkeeper, but I did enjoy his book. He has overcome a gambling addiction and playing for Milwall to enjoy a very good career in Denmark and now in MLS with Sporting KC.