2. The Seattle Reign organization seems eerily similar to Chivas USA. That is not a compliment.
3. If you can look past the bullsh*t that surrounds Joey Barton (usually by his own doing), he is actually quite an intelligent chap. He is one of my favorite follows on twitter – not sure I should admit that.
4. Saturday night the New England Revolution defeated Houston Dynamo 2-0 and equalled their 2012 mark with away wins at two. Things could be looking up for the Foxboro boys.
5. A special shout-out to Manya Makoski of Sky Blue FC. It's great to see a friend continue to live out her dream, even better to watch her win two games. Not sure about the blue cleats though.
6. Last week Jurgen Klinsmann announced the USMNT squad for two friendly matches and three World Cup Qualifiers. Missing from the list was Landon Donovan, whose spot on the team has been in jeopardy due to his self-imposed sabbatical. I am hoping that Stu Holden returns to the player he was in the fall of 2010, but does he (or even Brek Shea) really deserve to be in the squad over Donovan?
7. Portland Thorns had 12,474 in attendance for their match against Washington Spirit on Sunday afternoon. The NWSL is here to stay.
9. Fernando Torres scored 23 goals in all competitions this season for Chelsea. In his entire club career, he has only had a higher total once, his first season with Liverpool, when he scored 31 goals. But why let facts get in the way of the media claiming the end of Torres’ career.
10. Back to Landon Donovan – here's hoping he goes on a goal scoring streak during the next few weeks in MLS and patterns his goal celebrations after Pete Weber.
11. Seattle Reign hosted two matches this past week with announced crowds of 1,046 and 1,011. The NWSL will never last.
12. After many questioned his status as a Designated Player, Tim Cahill, has answered his critics with 4 goals and 2 assists so far this season. His latest goal was the game winner against the Los Angeles Galaxy in the battle of East v West. In between scoring goals, Cahill, returned to Goodison Park to join David Moyes and Phil Neville in a much deserved lap of honor.
13. Thanks Jamie Carragher...and Sir Alex, you will be missed.
14. If you support Tottenham, chin up. I also would hold off on buying the new kit and having Bale's name put on it.