2. Who was on the train with Jay DeMerit yesterday?
3. Judging by the NWSL attendance figures this past weekend, the marketing slogan wasn’t “Bring Your Mom to a Game”. If it was then I guess the era of Soccer Moms is dying out. The total attendance of the four matches combined was less than 10,000. Not a good sign for the league especially when an exhibition match between the Seattle Sounders Women and University of Washington was played in front of 1,573 on Friday night.
4. Sir Alex Ferguson's 26 years at Manchester United in his own words.
6. Why would US Soccer schedule the Men’s National team and the Women’s National Team to play on the same day? Quick, what was the top game involving the men's and women's national teams the past three years? Answer - USMNT v Algeria (2010), USWNT v Brazil (2011), and USWNT v Canada (2012). Two of the three by the women and it's not even close. Don't even try to push the USA men winning in Azteca - it was a poor game and was only a friendly. On June 2nd, the United States host Germany in a men's exhibition, while the women travel north of the border to play Canada. Both are great matches and both deserve their own showcase. By playing the women's match on the same day as the men, the women are demoted to the game being played on ESPNNews. It seems an odd decision by US Soccer that in the first season of NWSL, they would choose to miss out on such an easy opportunity to help promote the top players and the new league, which judging by attendance, could use the help.
7. If you haven't been to Seattle to watch soccer, add these dates to your calendar - June 8th and June 11th. The Sounders host Vancouver on the Saturday and three days later the United States host Panama in a World Cup Qualifier. The city will be covered in green on the weekend and then red, white, and blue on Tuesday. Some baseball team from New York is also in town that weekend.
8. This is why soccer, and more specifically promotion/relegation, is awesome. Maybe DeMerit was wearing the bunny costume to celebrate Watford making the Championship Final. Gus Johnson has nothing on Jon Marks.
9. Heading to a few NWSL matches this week and hopeful that unlike their home opener, the Seattle Reign will have team sheets or even a game day program available for fans. Always nice to put a name with a number as the players are running down the field.