2. Either Artur Boruc needs to attend a few more Coerver clinics or someone needs to remind him that he's a goalkeeper and not the #10 for Southampton.
3. Looks like Eddie Johnson is the fall guy for the Sounders problems at the end of the season. Which MLS club will show him the money? If the rumors of Toronto FC are true and they are willing to pay Jermaine Defoe over $6 million a year, if I'm Johnson, I'm asking my agent to make a call north of the border.
4. Credit to NWSL, some of the clubs have done a better job of staying relevant in the offseason than they did during the month of July. Keep the trades coming.
5. Forget all the hoopla about O'Neill and Keane, I'm more excited about Ireland's future because of James McCarthy and Seamus Coleman. Those two boys can play, just wish it wasn't for the blue side of Liverpool.
7. Even my buddies, Fitzy and Flabbs, would have finished this chance.
8. Much has been made of the Cascadia clubs improving the brand of Major League Soccer, but the emergence of Sporting KC and Real Salt Lake has made an even larger imprint on the success of the league. Both clubs have built soccer specific stadiums filled with passionate fans and deserve the spotlight the next week.
9. With all the talk of flip throws and long throws in college soccer this season, does Tony Pulis get the blame or the credit for this phenomenon? Or do we blame Fox Soccer for showing too many Stoke City games over the years?
11. Ronaldo for the Ballon d'Or. And that's just based on what he did over two legs against Sweden. Different level.
12. Sporting KC to win MLS Cup. Think home field along with Zusi and Feilhaber, will be too much for Real Salt Lake to overcome.
13. The World Cup draw takes place on Friday December 6th. Here's hoping the United States avoids Spain and Germany from Europe, Brazil and Argentina from South America, and Ghana from Africa. Everything else is fair game.
14. In college soccer you're either recruiting or coaching during Thanksgiving. One of these years, I hope I'm coaching.